Thursday, February 22, 2007

ode

there's this blog that i do frequent quite often because of it's witty and thought-provoking content. last night, i came across this particular entry which somewhat resembles what i went through. in that entry he mentions his mother coaching his siblings and himself every night throughout their primary school days. he has done exceedingly well in his studies and is now in a very respectable profession(this is not the similar part).

the thing which i used to face that he faced too, was that both our mothers guided us during our early years of education. i remember my mother would spend hours trying to get simple mathematics into my head and sometimes because of my poor ability to grasp information quickly, she would end up scolding me. i would get angry and upset at her once in a while because i don't like being scolded. childish, i know. but right now i feel thankful for all the hours of effort that she put in in grooming me to where i am now. even till today, i still am learning life skills or general knowledge from her.

the next time she askss me "aren't you thankful to have a mother like me?", i will say yes and probably hug her. all the while if she asks me that question i would playfully say "ya ya" although in my heart i really do mean it. so if the situation does arise in the future, i will show her that i mean it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha, your mom asks you that qns? My mom never ask me that, but sometimes she'd give me this look. And I'd give her a hug anyway! =D

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

touching seh... i will hug my mom if i want something. HAHAHA.

11:03 AM  
Blogger nicruise said...

awwwww.. sayang anak mak.. hehehehe.. miss ya kiddo!! *muacks*

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my mother also quit work to teach me. She never fails to repeat this story whereby she was trying to teach me how to draw a straight line, and no matter how hard I tried, it was still crooked. With the ruler, no less. Finally, she just took that ruler and knocked my knuckles.

Khalies.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EH how come i think i read the post you mentioned ah. I THINK I KNOW WHO LEH. hurhurhur.

huishi

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website-hit-counters.com
search engine submission